The General Manager oversees all operations of the restaurant to include front and back of house Team Members, food quality and consistency, service levels, cleanliness, cost containment, and overall profitability of the concept. This is a working management position and the expectation is to be fully hands-on while working alongside team members.
- Maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray The Farmhouse and Serenbe in a positive manner
- Schedule all staff: breakfast, banquet, conference staff, and dining
- Conduct weekly payroll by Tuesday am deadline
- Consistently interact with guests and provide swift correction of issues when necessary
- Hold weekly manager meetings
- Organize, direct, and evaluate food and beverage service
- Work with Culinary, Sales, and Guest Services teams to put together menus for corporate and leisure guests
- Work with Serenbe Chief of Staff and Marketing Team on creating, implementing, and communicating initiatives to build sales and profitability
- Cost analyze all products and menu items
- Purchase and control inventory for front of house
- Ensure communication lines are open and responses are prompt
- Maintain and improve cost controls with systemic processes - specifically food cost, beverage cost, and labor cost, conducting labor vs. sales analysis
- Conduct staffing reviews and provide any disciplinary action needed, Monitor staff performance and provide feedback
- Lead by example when interacting respectfully with both culinary staff and front of house team members
- Responsible for all hiring, interviewing, and training schedules
- Develop a Front of House Training Manual and use consistently when training all new Front of House team members
- Elevate training standards to ensure all training programs and practices are held to the highest level
- Create budget
- Conduct food safety audits in accordance with Health Dept standards
- Set goals for all departments
- Act as Manager on Duty: Conduct pre-shift line up, manage all Front of House team members, print menus, make floor assignments, cut staff as needed, touch every table twice during service, Expo, when necessary
- Manage all aspects of the dining room, such as making sure front of house team members are working as they are supposed to, maintaining the appearance of front of house, and dealing with any guest issues
- Create experiences on Tock and maintain current information.
- Update website with seasonal menus.
- Manage communication between all departments
- Maintain and update POS system, manage reporting
- Opera -build resident accounts, manage interface between MICROS & Opera understanding packages, amenities, and pricing
- Conduct global purchasing for Farmhouse including scheduling preventative maintenance, Negotiate supplier arrangements for food and beverage products
- Empower managers to handle day to day operational questions
There are no positions available in this category at this time.
However, if you would like us to consider you for a position in the future, upload your resume here. Mark ‘future employment’ in the job title field.