We are looking for a smart and friendly beverage expert to be a part of our team. Strong candidates should be able to assist in curating the bar menu to include a progressive wine list and specialty cocktails. Knowledge in various types of liquor, beer and wine will be beneficial in making food and wine pairing recommendations to clients as you talk to all tables, enhancing their experience and increasing check averages. In addition, staff training will be a key focus of your role.
Successful candidates will have excellent communication and presentation skills. In addition to this, you should be well-groomed and should display good hygiene standards. Furthermore, you should be able to work at flexible hours, with a focus on evenings and weekends, and provide excellent customer service.
- Assisting in curating and updating beverage lists
- Recommending food and beverage pairings to clients
- Create build guides and train staff on preparation, glassware and garnishes
- Showcasing and informing clients about the different wine varieties
- Placing orders weekly
- Contacting and negotiating prices with vendors and wine makers
- Organizing and managing wine tasting events
- Weekly inventory of all beverage product
- Ensuring compliance to the food and health safety measures and regulations
- Arranging and using proper glassware and garnishes for all beverages
- Ensuring that open wine bottles are stored properly
- Verifying guest IDs to check legal drinking age
- Proven work experience as a Sommelier, Wine Steward or Stewardess or a Bar Manager in the hospitality industry
- Excellent knowledge of different types of wines, liquor and beer
- Understanding beverage and food pairings
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Well-groomed and highly motivated individual
- Ability to offer excellent customer service
There are no positions available in this category at this time.
However, if you would like us to consider you for a position in the future, upload your resume here. Mark ‘future employment’ in the job title field.